By Gordon J. Christensen DDS MSD PhD ScD
Written in particular for the dental sufferer, this source presents functional information regarding dental healthiness and treatments. Readers can entry easy-to-understand information regarding recommendations to their dental difficulties and approximately tips on how to continue a fit smile for all times.
Read or Download A Consumer's Guide to Dentistry PDF
Similar dentistry books
This multidisciplinary textbook offers a distinct method of analysis and administration of some of the temporomandibular issues. Written by way of a wide workforce of eminent researchers and clinicians, it hyperlinks present medical options of easy anatomy, body structure, biomechanics, and pathology of the temporomandibular joint with particular diagnostic and therapy protocols which are in accordance with sound medical information.
A vital and handy consultant for each member of your evaluation staff the kid Fatality assessment quickly Reference is a perfect box advisor thoroughly dedicated to setting up, preserving, and enhancing baby fatality evaluation groups (CFRTs). With full-color medical pictures and numerous explanations and manners of demise and sections dedicated to evaluate methods and staff member roles, this pocket-sized version is needed studying for an individual enthusiastic about the kid fatality evaluation technique.
Now in its 6th variation, medical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry is the must-have source for practitioners specialising in periodontal care and implant dentistry. The chapters were generally revised with forty% of the content material new to this variation. keeping the commonly praised two-volume structure brought within the earlier variation, the editorial group has once more introduced jointly the world’s best overseas experts to proportion their services on all elements of periodontology, periodontal future health and using implants within the rehabilitation of the periodontally compromised sufferer.
This can be the 1st e-book dedicated to the oral sedation of youngsters within the dental workplace that allows you to facilitate their dental care. Written through well-respected and famous leaders, educators, clinicians and researchers within the box of sedation, it displays the most recent evidenced-based perform and medical services, presents advice and gives an abundance of constant and invaluable guidance.
- Der Große Reuter: Springer Universalwörterbuch Medizin, Pharmakologie und Zahnmedizin. Deutsch-Englisch
- Color Atlas of Dental Medicine Periodontology
- Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology
- Clinical anatomy by systems
- Traumatismos maxilofaciales y reconstrucción facial estética
- Applied Dental Materials (9th Edition)
Extra resources for A Consumer's Guide to Dentistry
Causes of discoloration include chemicals ingested during the early years of life, force or injury to the primary (baby) teeth that harm the developing permanent teeth, excess ﬂuoride ingested during the ﬁrst few years of life, drugs taken for various early-childhood diseases, metallic ﬁllings giving color to the tooth,external stains caused by foods and drinks, and many other factors. Persons with discolored teeth have some of the following treatment alternatives: A. Thorough cleaning of the teeth by a dental hygienist or dentist B.
A small incision is made in the soft tissue (gums) near the root end of the tooth. The diseased tissue, and usually a small amount of the tooth root end, is removed. The small opening on the root end of the 42 Endodontics A B FIG. 8 A and B, Degeneration of bone around the roots of dead teeth. ) FIG. 9 Apicoectomy removes a small amount of the root end. ) tooth is ﬁlled with a sealing material. The soft-tissue incision is sutured (stitched), and the sutures are allowed to remain in place for several days.
43) B. A crown (cap) may be placed on the tooth to change the color (p. 146) C. The tooth may be left in its darkened state (but most people do not want to have a dark-colored tooth) D. The tooth may be removed and a prosthesis (bridge) placed (p. 149) Endodontics 4. Tooth With a Previously Treated Root Canal Has Pain or a Draining, Pimplelike Projection 40 Endodontics FIG. 6 Endodontic therapy ﬁlls the root canal. ) WHAT YOUR ENDODONTIST OR GENERAL DENTIST CAN DO Treatment Available 1. Root Canal (Endodontic) Therapy When a dental pulp (nerve) is traumatized, diseased, or dead, it must be removed and replaced with a root canal ﬁlling.
A Consumer's Guide to Dentistry by Gordon J. Christensen DDS MSD PhD ScD